Using Internet streaming technology, we will be simulcasting the No Regrets Men’s Conference, live from Elmbrook Church in Brookfield, WI to locations around the country.
|SPEED TEST||INSTRUCTIONS||TECHNICAL||STREAMING TIPS|
Our streaming solution uses adaptive or multi-bit rate streaming. The video player utilizes three different bit rates in order to cater to a greater number of users. In turn, each site is served with the best quality video allowed by the speed of their connection. The video player has a bandwidth detection feature. When the player first loads, it will test the bandwidth available and then serve the highest bit rate video depending upon this test. We suggest a minimum broadband download speed of 3Mbs to stream the conference in HD.
No Regrets Live Streaming bitrates:
HD Quality: 720p – 2Mbs
High Quality: 486p – 1.6Mbs
Medium Quality: 432p – 646Kbs
Please TEST your download Internet connection bandwidth at www.speedtest.net.
a. Test the connection speed from the PC and location you will be streaming the conference from.
b. Go to: http://www.speedtest.net/
c. Click “Begin Test”
d. Your results will need to show a download speed of at least 3Mbs to stream the conference in HD successfully.
Instructions for Live Streaming Event Testing
- Run the test from the PC you will be streaming the conference from.
- Click Play on the video player above.
- Within a few seconds, the player will determine the best bitrate (quality) to stream to your PC based on bandwidth available. If you have at least a 3Mbs download speed the system will connect you at the HD quality.
- Hover your mouse over the video, while it’s playing, and click on the FULL icon. This will put the video in full screen mode.
- You can manually select a lower quality setting if the player is having issues connecting at the HD level.
- Please run the test for at least 20-30 minutes to make sure you get a consistent high quality streaming experience.
- Test the same setup you will use on the conference day: hook-up your streaming PC to the projectors and feed the PC audio to your audio mixer.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista,
- Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above,
- or Linux
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM – 512 MB recommended
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- 16-bit sound card
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
- Dedicated or semi-dedicated bandwidth is important for the highest-quality streaming performance.
- Wired Internet connectivity is strongly recommended as it tends to be more stable than wireless.
- During testing and event, we recommend disabling public Wi-Fi hotspots sharing the same Internet connection.
- For organizations, segmenting your network traffic, disabling other access completely, or setting up QoS (Quality of Service) will help ensure that the playback machine gets preferred bandwidth.
- Only run one streaming PC at your site! Multiple PCs streaming may degrade the quality of the primary stream.
Help: For technical support please email Chris Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org