Streaming Test Using Internet streaming technology, we will be simulcasting the No Regrets Men's Conference, live from Elmbrook Church in Brookfield, WI to locations around the country.
Our streaming solution uses adaptive or multi-bit rate streaming. The video player utilizes three different bit rates in order to cater to a greater number of users. In turn, each site is served with the best quality video allowed by the speed of their connection. The video player has a bandwidth detection feature. When the player first loads, it will test the bandwidth available and then serve the highest bit rate video depending upon this test. We suggest a minimum broadband download speed of 3Mbs to stream the conference in HD.
No Regrets Live Streaming bitrates:
HD Quality: 720p – 2Mbs
High Quality: 486p – 1.6Mbs
Medium Quality: 432p – 646Kbs
Please TEST your download Internet connection bandwidth at www.speedtest.net.
a. Test the connection speed from the PC and location you will be streaming the conference from.
b. Go to: http://www.speedtest.net/
c. Click “Begin Test”
d. Your results will need to show a download speed of at least 3Mbs to stream the conference in HD successfully.
Instructions for Live Streaming Event Testing
- Run the test from the PC you will be streaming the conference from.
- Click Play on the video player at the top of this page.
- Within a few seconds, the player will determine the best bitrate (quality) to stream to your PC based on bandwidth available. If you have at least a 3Mbs download speed the system will connect you at the HD quality.
- Hover your mouse over the video, while it’s playing, and click on the FULL icon. This will put the video in full screen mode.
- You can manually select a lower quality setting if the player is having issues connecting at the HD level.
- Please run the test for at least 20-30 minutes to make sure you get a consistent high quality streaming experience.
- Test the same setup you will use on the conference day: hook-up your streaming PC to the projectors and feed the PC audio to your audio mixer.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista,
- Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above,
- or Linux
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM – 512 MB recommended
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- 16-bit sound card
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
- Dedicated or semi-dedicated bandwidth is important for the highest-quality streaming performance.
- Wired Internet connectivity is strongly recommended as it tends to be more stable than wireless.
- During testing and event, we recommend disabling public Wi-Fi hotspots sharing the same Internet connection.
- For organizations, segmenting your network traffic, disabling other access completely, or setting up QoS (Quality of Service) will help ensure that the playback machine gets preferred bandwidth.
- Only run one streaming PC at your site! Multiple PCs streaming may degrade the quality of the primary stream.
Help: For technical support please email Matt Malcolm at firstname.lastname@example.org